The digital "Now" forces us to reasses profoundly our technologies. Do we want networking infrastructure, online platforms, clouds, social communications and services developed by the large companies (GAFAM/BATX) or are we striving to net neutrality? Are we admitting to this commercial security state or can we have agency in our collected data and digital profiling? By running servers? And what are the geo-political, material-ecological, psychosocial effects of those virtual machines embbedded in data centers? Are they biased? Are they excluding us or are there any digital solidarity networks?
Consciously looking for care, prevention, knowledge, insight and critical ability to build resistance. That's healthier.
2 DEC 14:00 Oude Badhuis, Borgerhout
Digitale weerbaarheid - Documentatie
9 SEPT 11:00 + 20:30 vuurwerk - Herentalsebaan 504
Internet tools and dat in eigen beheer
25 SEPT 13:00 - Hertsdeinstraat 13
During this session, you learn to recognize digital violence, feel and know how to protect yourselves.
10 NOV 10:00-17:00
^Projectweek 9& atelier sessions
Bring your "digital, binary devices" and also a pair of scissors, rope and paper and stifts or some writing/knitting, cut and paste material
Richtlijnen tot samenwerking
- Refusing and deconstructing sexism, racism, queer antagonism, ableism, ageism and other kinds of oppression.
- Leaving physical, emotional and conceptual room for other people.
- Respecting other beings, present or not, human or not.
- Caring for physical and digital environments.
- Avoiding to speak for others.
- Try to not be solely guided by your preconceptions.
- Taking time to actually listen.
- Asking before assuming.
- Welcoming multiple processes of (un)learning. The exchange of information, experience and knowledge comes in many forms.
- Accepting differences. Appreciating divergence in pace, points of view, backgrounds, references, needs and limits.
- Recognizing that words and ways of speaking impact people in various ways.
- Caring for language gaps. This is a multi-lingual environment.
- Using Free, Libre and Open Source software whenever possible.
- Asking for explicit consent before sharing photographs or recordings on proprietary social networks.
- The default license for all material and documentation is a Free Art License.
- Knowing that taking all of the above into account is sometimes easier said than done.
Richtlijnen voor Samenwerking - korte versie - constant vzw
Our own server
naar de cloud: